Saturday, March 7, 2009

And then I get a cookie. :)

Nathan got his immunizations this week and he did very well. He only cried a little but then he was clinging to me and asking for a "cookie" (one of the few words he's using reliably these days). Our doctor's office is beside a grocery store, so I decided to go in and see if I could get something fresh from the bakery to give him. When we got to the counter, all I could see were boxes of about a dozen cookies, so I asked the woman if I could buy a single cookie for my son, explaining that he'd just had a shot. She replied, "Oh, poor thing. He's being so good." And she gave us a free chocolate chip cookie, which perked Nathan right up. He smiled at her and even managed a credible "Tanku" (thank you).

1 comment:

macjo said...

Such a sweetie, I'm not surprised he did so well.