In general, we're looking for a low-stuff or stuff-free season. The boys have lots of toys, and we're well into an awkward phase where Alex where age-appropriate toys are far too fragile for him to play with, while Nathan is similarly approaching a point where age-appropriate toys for him will be too fragile for Alex to play with.
Things to keep in mind:
- Soft plastic toys will be chewed and destroyed. Alex loves the feeling of chewing soft plastic.
- We're not big on toys with lots of parts, as Alex will pick out a few and then stim on them. They also tend to get dumped on the floor so he can sort through them. Right now he's going through a phase where he's destroying Playmobile pieces.
- We do collect regular-sized Lego and MegaBlocks, and access to them is regulated so that we can avoid both the stimming and dumped-out-on-the-floor problems.
- buses (school and city)
- people figures (action figures)
- cars (including Disney Cars)
- Iron Man
In general, we would like some donations to help subsidize the cost of the summer activities:
- Alex is doing soccer, riding, and a bi-weekly speech therapy camp
- Nathan will be doing several one-week day camps with names like "Junior Jams" and "Fun In The Sun"; he's also signed up for riding and soccer
- There's also going to be skiing (for both boys) and hockey (for at least Alex) coming next winter
- House DVDs, season 3 and up
- Fringe DVDs, any season
Thanks for looking.